Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where's God?



I was putting Caden to bed tonight and singing him his usual song when he interrupted me and asked "Where's God?" I had him repeat himself to make sure I had understood him correctly and then told him God was in heaven and he loved Caden and checked on him all the time. He said, "No, Mommy. I want God." I was a little perplexed at this response, but then I realized he wanted me to sing I am a Child of God to him. So, I sang him all three verses and he happily went to bed. He really loves the nursery.


A few weeks ago we were driving to my parents house on a Sunday night. Logan was mad at me for some reason and so I was trying to get him to come out of his bad mood and talk. I asked him what he learned at church today. Logan would not respond and Caden piped up all excited. "A book, dug up from the ground." Apparently, they had been talking about the Book of Mormon that week. We have the best nursery leaders and substitutes.


The picture is of Caden wearing a beautiful headband he got in nursery. It says something about forgiveness. He wears it every now and then. All the kids in the nursery were really cute wearing them when I picked Caden up. The nursery is full of boys. Their names would make any nursery leader crazy: Caden, Kade, Beck, Beckham, Bladen and Madsen. There is usually only one or two little girls.

2 comments:

JACK's house said...

What a smarty pants that little Caden is. (stinkin cute too)

Eli and Candace said...

That's a cute story I hadn't already heard. Those pics are classics Caden